Saturday, November 22, 2014

Do I really need new glasses?

I went to get my eyes tested last week simply cause I needed an recent prescription. With my glasses I was easily able to read all the lines without any problem. Then the doctor checked my eyes without glasses and asked which is better --- first/second for different sets of letters. He then told me that my astigmatism has done up 0.5 in my right eye but everything else is the same. I have had this prescription for the past 8 years with no problem so do I really need to get new glasses or can I just continue to wear the same glasses. I hate getting new prescription cause my eyes take for ever to adjust to it. Or should I get my eyes retested in case there was some error in testing the first time.
Added (1). @ Footprintz-- ideally how much change in power and cylinder would require new glasses?

Read more: Do I really need new glasses?