Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Contact lens fears advice?

I'm shortsighted, no idea on the specifics but I've been wearing glasses for about 4 years. I've never had the self confidence to wear my glasses outside the house/school but my lack of vision outside does upset me so during the past year I've been wanting contact lenses.

I tried to get them in Halloween break 2013 and the optician got one half in my eye before I flipped out and wouldn't let her try again. I went at the end of summer to try again and I panicked as soon as I sat down in the chair and literally left as soon as she had the contact lens on her finger. They're pretty done with my sh!t lol, but I really am desperate for them now so I'm trying again in about a month's time and I really want it to be third time lucky, I'm determined to crack this fear and get them.

I've figured my problem is, I have a strong flinch reflex when I see the finger coming towards my eye and I blink whenever it's being put in. I'm scared of the thought of getting it out too:/

1. How can I teach myself to not flinch whenever the optician's first putting the lens in?
2. How can I avoid blinking whenever the lens actually goes on my eyes?
3. What can I do to avoid feeling sick and nervous before my appointment?
4. Is it hard to get the lenses out?
5. Other general advice?

Thank you

Read more: Contact lens fears advice?