Sunday, April 8, 2018

Can I add UV protection (UVA/UVB) to existing glasses?

My glasses are a few years old and I can't remember if they came with UV protection/UV coating or not.

I do not remember the name of the lenses but I bought them at Wal-Mart and they are definitely nothing fancy.

Because I want to protect my eyes, I want to take them to a store and (if possible) add UV protection.

Can a UV coating be added to existing lenses for glasses or would it have to be done when the lense was actually being manufactured?

Hopefully I can take in my glasses and get this added.

Of course there's the obvious answer of calling up some shops. Since I'm staying in Bangkok now there's a bit of a language barrier. Before I venture out to some shops I would like to know if I'm wasting my time in even trying.

Thanks in advance.

Read more: https://contactlenstalk.com/faq/can-i-add-uv-protection-uva-uvb-to-existing-glasses.html