Monday, March 19, 2018

Should I get the expensive lenses for my daughter's new glasses?

I'm a single mother so money is a real problem. My daughter's eyes got worse recently and her numbers are now -2.75 and -3.00. The assistant at the eye doctor was trying to convince me that she needs special lenses but I don't want to get them unless they're absolutely necessary.

Just for context, I wear the most basic lenses in my -4.50 glasses and I don't buy contacts for myself but I do for my daughter so that she can wear them on special occasions.

Would I be a bad mother if I didn't get the special lenses for her? My glasses look very thick with the basic lenses but I'm hoping hers won't be so bad since her vision is better.
Added (1). I would feel guilty if I didn't get the expensive lenses because I feel like she gets her terrible eyesight from me

Read more: https://contactlenstalk.com/faq/should-i-get-the-expensive-lenses-for-my-daughter-s-new.html