Saturday, March 24, 2018

Are my glasses too weak? Shortsightedness?

So I've had my prescription about 6 months and one eye is stronger than the other. However, I have realised that when I'm at school I can't see the board clearly. If I shut each eye separately it's not very clear and even with my eyes open it's still quite blurry once it gets a certain distance away. After playing around with a pair of my brothers glasses I realise that it's much clearer with his pair over the top of my pair (both myopia prescriptions) and I can see much better. Also if I shut my worse eye and look through the right lens (worse eye) with my left eye I can see clearly through it and it's about a -1.75. Now I'm confused as to what that looks like as I can't see through a -1.75 lens clearly with my worse eye.

I've tried a -1 prescription glasses and they didn't do much at all - except for making my left eye clearer. I have an eye test appointment next week but I'm worried the optician will say my prescription needs to stay the same even though I can't see. I'm sorry if this is confusing 😬

Read more: Are my glasses too weak? Shortsightedness?