Friday, November 3, 2017

How severe is a -.25 astigmatism? And what does x105 mean?

I went to a new eye doctor today, and instead of my usual OD -2.75 sph, OS -1.75 sph prescription, the new one reads OD -2.75 -.25x105, OS -1.75 sph.
I did some research online and apparently this means I have an astigmatism in my right eye. I'm a little confused because the doctor did not discuss this with me, and at 29 years old, I've never been diagnosed with an astigmatism before. I've also never had blurry vision that I've noticed.
Is it possible to develop one this late in life? If so, how severe is this -.25? And what does x105 mean?
I have a couple of boxes of contacts that are not toric lenses… Will it hurt me to continue wearing them?

Read more: How severe is a -.25 astigmatism? And what does x105 mean?