Friday, November 3, 2017

Are contact lens deposits visible to the naked eye?

My monthly lenses are 20 days old today. If I hold them against a bright light, I can see small white grainy substances all over them. But this is not affecting my vision- once inserted into the eyes, I can see everything clearly. Instead, what's happening is that the lenses become uncomfortable after half an hour of wear, my eyes turn a bit red and itch like hell. If i remove the lenses, the itching goes away within 5 minutes but the redness stays for a few hours. If i endure the itch and don't remove the lenses, the SAME happens, the itchiness and redness go away after a while. Is this a problem with my cleaning solution? Or are these white grains protein deposits that are causing an allergic reaction?

I still have another 10 days life left on these lenses, should i throw away the lenses and open a fresh pair? Any idea what's going on?

Read more: Are contact lens deposits visible to the naked eye?