Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Does this picture (of corneal neovasc) look real? Should I go for an unscheduled checkup?

1. I was under the impression that neovascularization is mostly unrecognizable by contact lens wearers (hence the need for routine yearly followup with a professional eye care practitioner), This image (NOT mine) has such thick blood vessels, it's impossible for the patient not to see these himself: https://goo.gl/nSNKQv

2. I have some blood vessels, and they are just touching the exterior circumference of the cornea, but have not crept inside the cornea, at least it doesn't look like they've crept in, they're just touching the exterior circumference. Last time this happened, I checked with you guys and a professional eye care practitioner here advised this is normal. I saw my doc anyway (I'm too scared in eye related matters) and he too said this is not a problem and I can continue lens use. And then eventually they faded away on their own. Now they have appeared again, and I'm scared- more so because I'm NOT using silicone lenses as they are invariably uncomfortable to me. I wear them 10 to 12 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week. They are monthly replaceable.

Here are two pictures of my eyes, if you increase your computer's brightness to moderate levels, you should be able to see the blood vessels:

https://goo.gl/jE7xux
https://goo.gl/aHQodM

PS: Can you suggest some tips on how to prevent these weird ugly blood vessels from showing up? They appear from time to time and disappear on their own. Not using contact lenses for a few days seems to calm them down.

Read more: Does this picture (of corneal neovasc) look real? Should I go for an unscheduled checkup?