Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Can i avoid wearing astigmatism/cylindrical glass prescription and just stick with spherical prescription?

hi, i'm a long term user, lets say 10 years glass/contact user. My myopia started with left eye .25 and right eye 1.00 spherical and got to 3 and 4 after several years. My cylindrical started with 0.25 right and has come to 1.00 and left eye 0.50, but i think my cyl is actually just 0.75 and 0.50 maybe he put a round value. My glasses are bit outdated and mostly just use contact lens. It doesn't have cyl in contact lens and its fine. I plan buying glasses, just thinking can i just buy with spherical and not add cyl in them. I need to know will it harm my eyes/vision if i just use sph glass and not add cyl in them. Lasik surgery is something i'm preferring, so i will be consulting doc for that. Thats why i don't want to push my glass prescription higher. Let me know if you want more details.

Read more: Can i avoid wearing astigmatism/cylindrical glass prescription and just stick with spherical prescription?