Thursday, July 6, 2017

Why am I so forgetful? Why can't I stay focused and have terrible concentration skills? I'm only 21?

I'm 23 years old and I just graduated University a week ago with a first.

I have been unemployed for 7 months and finally I found a job part-time in a shoe and bag shop (I'm continuing to look for a job in the field I studied in but its difficult).

For some reason I can't seem to do my job properly even though its simple and many people who have been hired along with me are doing well and can do the job efficiently.

For example, I forget the sizes customers ask me to go and get for them, especially if they ask me for 2 - 3 different sizes. I also sometimes don't seem to see some of the shoe colour and sizes on the boxes even though its front of me when I go to grab shoes for customers and my manager told me off about it the other day and made me feel stupid. She asked me how could I not see the shoe boxes with the sizes and colours if its right in front of my face and to be honest she is right. I don't have eye sight problems, I wear contact lenses.

My manager also told me that I don't seem to be focused, I don't concentrate and don't seem bothered about the job. She is right, I hate working in retail and I have retail experience before but I only took on the job because I could not find any other jobs in any other sectors.

I'm always tired, I try to get to bed at 10pm but I end up sleeping around 1am and I get up around 8-9am in the morning.

I don't eat healthy and stuff myself with junk food or do any exercise. I haven't visited the doctors in 8 years.
Added (1). Even when I'm not at work I do tend to forget to do things usually and I can't seem to concentrate very well. My memory is not so good… But why do you think it is? And what can I do to improve my memory.
Added (2). Sorry I'm 23 not 21
Added (3). @Jangle no thank you

Read more: Why am I so forgetful? Why can't I stay focused and have terrible concentration skills? I'm only 21?