Sunday, June 11, 2017

MAJOR trouble putting contacts in! I've read every blog about putting in contacts and I haven't found a technique that works for me yet

So I've had soft contact lenses for three years now (I'm 14), and my mom has always put them in. I'm super blind for my age (-6). I tried putting them in myself for about a week when I first got them, and eventually my mom tried, and she was able to get them in after about a half an hour of trying (for one eye). Now, she can put them in in one to three tries, so it works pretty well. I don't wear my contacts every day, but I wear them for athletics and performances. Every summer since I have had them, I decided that I would learn to put them in myself, but no matter how much I try, my blink reflex is too powerful, and I can never get them in! My guess is that I've spent a combined amount of time of a week in my life trying to put my contacts in…

Please don't tell me to "keep trying" or "look up, down, left, or right" or "focus on something else" or "relax" because I've heard all the common responses. I've read every blog and page about putting in contacts and I haven't found a technique that works for me yet.

Please, please, please help me! It's really embarrassing that I can't put my contacts in at 14 having had them for three years! My friends who just got them this year can! I need major help!

Read more: MAJOR trouble putting contacts in! I've read every blog about putting in contacts and I haven't found a technique that works for me yet