Saturday, June 17, 2017

Can I wear my contact lenses if i have a stye in my eye?

My doctor recommends that I avoid wearing makeup and contact lenses, and wear glasses instead. However, I can't find my glasses and they're from a long time ago and barely my prescription. I don't have any other option but to go without anything, and my eyesight is very bad. Can I still wear contacts and allow my stye to heal? I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I absolutely have to be able to see well. The stye is horrible… It's on the inside of my eye, hurts lot, and my eye has swelled so much that it looks terrible? I've already applied baby shampoo to clean bacteria and used warm compresses, but are there any ways to heal styes overnight? I've even tried the old wives tale of rubbing a gold ring, but nothing's worked so far:(
Added (1). I wear daily contact lenses, if that helps
Added (2). Also, I've had the stye for two days and no progress so far… I've been continually applying hot compresses… The swelling did reduce for a while (not pain though), but this morning it was as swollen and as painful as before. My doctor says it can last for weeks… I don't want it to ruin my vacation:(

Read more: Can I wear my contact lenses if i have a stye in my eye?