Thursday, May 26, 2016

How to stop asking myself why me about health problems?


I constantly find myself wondering and saying "why me?". Why is it that out of all the people in this world it had to be me. No one would want to have problems so i sometimes find it so unfair on myself and all the other people in this world who have to deal with similar situations everyday. I have been using glasses since i was 3 (i am now 17) for my short-sightedness (myopia) and astigmatism in my left eye. My sight has been getting worse the older i get. But this really isn't the whole of my problem as this can be cured with surgery. My main "why me" problem is my actual eye itself. I get cysts and styes all the time, i have dry eyes and they are always red, itchy, and irritable. I have gotten so sick of this problem and that i never had a single proper day when my eyes feel and look normal. Every time i would go to my doctor she would just give me eyedrops for my dry eyes and it just keeps on coming back. Lately it has gotten so bad that i actually feel like crying because of these problems. Thanks to my doctor not being of much help i started researching myself and found that i may have blepharitis, with my luck obviously i would have this kind of problem which doesn't even have a cure. All of the symptoms are things i deal with everyday and also it is very common for dry eyes to occur when you have blepharitis. With these problems i can't wear eye make-up, can't wear contact lenses unless its fully healed. I really want a cure. Why me?

Read more: How to stop asking myself why me about health problems?