Monday, May 23, 2016

Can an optician refuse to make glasses to my desired specifications?


Can an optician refuse to make glasses to my desired specifications?
Added (1). I have a very strong prescription and I wear contact lenses 90% of the time. I have a pair of designer glasses for the days when I don't feel like wearing contacts but I'm looking to get a pair of very basic glasses for when I'm doing things like shaving my legs in the shower. I don't want to spend a lot of money on these glasses so I requested the most basic lenses without any AR coating or other add-ons.
Added (2). I enjoy large frames and picked out a pair but the optician said that it would be "impossible" to fit my prescription in those frames with the basic CR-39 lenses.

I told her that I don't care about thickness or weight. These are just for me to wear at home for an hour or so but she said that it simply couldn't be done. I think she's just trying to make me spend more money than I want to. Am I right?

The rx is currently:

R -7.75

L -9.25

Read more: Can an optician refuse to make glasses to my desired specifications?