Sunday, March 27, 2016

Where can I find an affordable spare pair of glasses?


Hi!

I am 29 years old and I have pretty severe myopia. My eyesight decreased a bit lately so my ophthalmologist set me up with a new pair of Ray Ban's last week. Luckily, my new glasses are a huge improvement to my eyesight and they have a reasonable lens thickness of around 17mm. My current prescription is -26.50 dtr. OD and -18.00 OS. I only have a minor cylinder in my prescription. Though I have degenerative myopia, there are no further eye problems and my corrected eyesight is still pretty well with a visual acuity of 20/70.

I would really like to have an extra pair of eyeglasses in my updated prescription. Glasses from my regular optician are extremely expensive and buying glasses online is very difficult for me because of my high prescription.

The problem is that most online opticians can only process prescriptions till -20D(or even less!). I was actually very satisfied with two frames I ordered at Choice Eyewear in the past, but they apparently can only process glasses till -25D.

Does anyone know where I can get an affordable spare pair of glasses in the right prescription for me?

Thanks so much!

Read more: Where can I find an affordable spare pair of glasses?