Monday, January 25, 2016

Can you use multipurpose solution directly in the eye?


I have this ReNu something moisturizing drops that the doctor asked me to use once in the middle of the day while using contacts. If I go without using them for more that 6 hours, i start to feel the presence of the lenses on my eyes. It's hard to explain, my eyes don't hurt, but I start being aware that there's something in the eyes which should not be there. But putting in a drop of this ReNu thing resolves the problem within a minute of two.

I've run out of the rewetting solution. Can I use a drop of the cleaning/ storing (multipurpose) solution directly on the eye? Will is work the same way as the re-wetting drops? Or will it make things worse?
Will it be harmful for the eyes or the lenses?

Read more: Can you use multipurpose solution directly in the eye?