Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Is it okay to wear contacts before ever wearing glasses?


So I am sure I have myopia (nearsightedness), I m not sure how much because I have not yet been to a doctor to check on that, but I can t see on the board in class and there s no way I ll read a sign with relatively regular letters when standing four meters away from it. As you know, glasses are really expensive and just the body costs over 100€, my parents can barely afford a visit to the eye doctor, let alone glasses. So I told my teacher and she suggested I buy contact lenses, which are cheaper and all you pretty much need is to know how much myopia you have and buy the contacts you need and that s it, you re done with less that 70€. I asked "don t I need to have glasses first, to get contacts?" And she said no… So is it okay to wear contacts before wearing glasses? (Just a side note, I think I have about 1.00-1.75, somewhere in there.)

Read more: Is it okay to wear contacts before ever wearing glasses?