Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Can I still get glasses even if I might not need them?


The last time I took an eye exam was a year ago, maybe longer, but my doctor said I didn't need glasses. But I feel like I need them to see things from a distance, like I can't see the number of the bus until it's a second or two away, otherwise it's a blur of green and my sister, who wears a strong prescription of glasses can see it. It's embarrassing to line up and make the driver stop then change my mind when I see it. In class I have to squint/strain to make out the shapes of the letters and if I look across the room and someone's facing my general direction, I can't tell if they're looking at me when they talk. I set an appointment through lens crafters and though I have yet to take the exam I'm sure they would say I don't need it since last time I was just as confident I needed glasses, but they obviously said I didn't. People (not professionals) say it's probably because I work so much on computers?

Read more: Can I still get glasses even if I might not need them?