Thursday, September 24, 2015

Can I wear non-toric lenses for Halloween? (I have astigmatism)?


I would like to wear a pair of novelty lenses for Halloween, but I have astigmatism. I've seen all kinds of answers, so figured I'd stop looking and just ask.

My prescription is:
Left: -2.00 -0.75 x 110
Right: -2.25 -.075 x 90

I know that I'm on the line for needing astigmatism lenses. However, when I got my prescription, I actually walked out wearing the L eye as a non-astigmatism lense because they didn't have mine in stock. I honestly didn't even notice a difference when I switched the next week. And added to that, my R eye is between strengths, so I've gotten used to everything being a little fuzzy for a few years now on that side.

With this in mind, can I order novelty lenses in my strength (just non-toric), and be ok? Is there anything I should be aware of if I do so?

Thanks!

Read more: Can I wear non-toric lenses for Halloween? (I have astigmatism)?