Sunday, September 20, 2015

What are the best contacts for dry eyes and a dry work environment?


I have worn contacts for over 10 years. My AcuVue Advance Plus isn't cutting it for my new job. They're getting a bit dry during general wear, but I work at a printing company where I do visual quality checks of paper and products all day long. My eyes get really dry due to the dry environment, heat from machines, fans, etc.

From what I understand, the water content can affect how dry they get. The ones I have now are 47 percent. Should I be looking for some with less water content or more? Which is better?

I already have my contact lens prescription. I'm a -6.00. 14.00 DIA and BC of 8.4.

I have been looking at Air Optix Night And Day Aqua. I prefer to put mine in during the morning and take them out at night before bed. However, the BC only comes in 8.4 and 8.6. My BC with my previous prescription was 8.7, and my new eye doctor changed it to 8.4 this time. Also, the Air Optix only come in 13.8 DIA. How much will this effect me? Is there something similar to them that I could get in the 8.4BC and 14.0DIA?

Any other similar brands?

Read more: What are the best contacts for dry eyes and a dry work environment?