Monday, May 25, 2015

How to know when I've found the right contact lens for my eye?

I'm new to contacts and am a little perturbed on how to determine if the contact prescription I have is right for me. I have astigmatism and can see pretty clearly with my current prescription, but not quite as well as with my glasses. I'm also experiencing some discomfort in my eyes; they feel cold and they have that tired feeling.

I did try a trial pair of a different brand that I knew right away were not right for my eyes, but I'm wondering if should even bother with a third trial pair. Is it possible that my current lenses would become more clear and comfortable if I just experiment with different saline solutions and refreshing drops? I've watched several videos online about inserting contacts correctly, so I don't think that's an issue, I just don't know if they would be better with different drops/saline. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Read more: How to know when I've found the right contact lens for my eye?