Thursday, April 30, 2015

Are Navy SEALs allowed to wear contacts?

I've always been truly captivated by the Navy SEALs, even when I was a child, and I aspire to be one of them. I've been working tirelessly to perfect myself mentally and physically, but I'm near sighted, and wear contact lenses.

With my contacts, I'm about 20/30 in each eye. Without, I'm about 20/40. I've read that the minimum requirement was 20/40 in your best eye, but would I be allowed to wear contacts? Or would I have to resort to surgery in order to keep my 20/30?
Added (1). Jeeper-peeper- Yes, I'm sure I'm not 20/400, because that would mean that I can only see things that normal people can see at 400 feet at 20 feet. That would mean that I'm blind. Again, my contacts are just to help with my near-sightedness. I'm only going by what I saw with and without my contacts.

Read more: Are Navy SEALs allowed to wear contacts?