Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why do so many contact lens brands not go past -6.00?

I didn't think my eyesight was THAT bad, but -6.00 seems to be the cutoff for many contact lens brands, esp. In colored lenses. I really like brown lenses because my eyes are naturally green, but I think they look fakey because I have such dark features otherwise. Brown lenses are so hard to find, esp. In a high magnification. Why is this? I can only find them in Freshlook, and I'd like to try a different color of brown. Most companies that make brown don't make them past -6.00.
Now that I'm 28, is it true my vision should level off? I'm afraid if it gets worse, I won't be able to wear contacts!

Also, how do you know when ordering contacts online, that the order actually goes through your doctor's office. I think it's kind of fishy when the website allows you to fax your script to them, and doesn't say anything about contacting your doctor. I want to save money by shopping around, but how do you tell if a site is legitimate?

Read more: Why do so many contact lens brands not go past -6.00?