Friday, December 12, 2014

What's the proper method for cleaning the barrel contact lens case, daily?

So up until my last opticians appointment I didn't really clean the contact lens case. I changed the solution at night when I took my lenses out, and in the morning after putting them in, I left the solution in the case till I changed it again at night.

But I was told this was wrong and that I was meant to put a few drops of solution around it and what not and let it air dry throughout the day.

But I don't quite understand it… What parts am I supposed to put solution on? There's not enough to drench the whole case with a few drops each day. And also if I leave both parts out to air dry, then surely bacteria and dust will fall on and into the case throughout the day? I don't get it.

Can someone please explain what I should do, and why? Because I'm going back to the opticians soon and I don't want to have to tell them I've refused to do what they told me.x[
Added (1). "NEVER use water directly from the tap to clean your lens case."
Added (2). Why does everyone keep suggesting tap water? I've been told time and time again, DONT use tap water, as it has its own bacteria in it, which may be harmless to drink, but can infect your eyes.

Read more: What's the proper method for cleaning the barrel contact lens case, daily?