Saturday, November 29, 2014

Contact lenses are blurry? Doctor gave wrong prescription?

Contact lenses are blurry? Doctor gave wrong prescription?
Added (1). I wanted contacts but the clinic I go to was not allowed to do it there so they gave me a prescription for eyeglasses. I could see ok at the end of the exam. I have an astigmatism. I was given the prescription for left eye, sphere -1.00, cylinder -1.75, axis 085 and right eye was sphere -1.50 cylinder -1.50 axis 115.
Added (2). I went to another clinic after to receive an exam specifically for contacts. I felt like my vision was slighty blurry at the end of the exam and i tried on some contacts. Acuve oasys brand. They were blurry and after an hour of wearing them i had to take them out from a headache. Yes I told the doctor multiple times about the blurry vision.
Added (3). I was told it was because they did not have an exact trial match in my prescription. Being told this, I ordered some and after waiting 6 weeks to get them they are blurry. I had contacts years ago and my vision was excellent even better than any glasses i did have a different brand, air optix. I am not even sure which box of contacts goes with which eye, but they are both blurry, the boxes say -1.50, -1.25 120 and -1.25 -1.25 090.
Added (4). Would it be a waste of money to go back to the doctor i received the contacts from? They did not seem competent to me. Or is there just not an exact match avaible for me? I have already went to too clinics and I just want contacts because I had excellent vision when i had good ones a few years ago. When i put them in at the clinic years ago, after a minute of wearing them i had excellent vision and nothing was blurry.

Read more: Contact lenses are blurry? Doctor gave wrong prescription?