Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Is it normal for my eyesight to change three times in one year?

I usually have an eye exam every October. I had one in 2013 and there weren't very many issues, the doctor only said that my prescription had changed quite a bit. Then a few months later, in March 2014 I felt a lot of discomfort with my contact lenses and my regular glasses. Went back to see my eye doctor and she told me my prescription changed again.

I had an issue with my eye doctor because in the span of two weeks I had 3 tests, each of which had a different prescription. Turns out her receptionist gave me an OLD PRESCRIPTION. Ridiculous! And I only noticed until after I had got TWO frames re-done and paid out of my pocket.

So my contacts are the right prescription, but my glasses aren't. NOW I'm starting to get headaches again when I wear my contacts and I can't see clearly. Is it normal for my eyesight to have changed this many times during one year? Does wearing the wrong prescription have anything to do with it?

The discomfort is not convenient at all. I wear my contacts at work and I'm dying to take them off by the end of my shift. Even when I'm at school, I can't wait to get home and take them off. Also I'm 22 years old (female), so it's not like I'm going through drastic bodily changes at this age.

Read more: Is it normal for my eyesight to change three times in one year?