Saturday, October 4, 2014

I dropped my contact lens in dirty sink water?

I just opened a brand new bottle of yearly colored contacts and of course, I dropped one of the lenses in dirty kitchen sink water on accident (doing the dishes, didn't blink for a while, and when I did blink, it fell out. It happens sometimes)

I quickly got the lens out, rinsed it with tap water (just a quick rinse, no rubbing), and then cleansed it with solution (probably about three times, included rubbing the lens). Then I let the lens soak in solution for about 14 hours (I put it in the case at 8, left it, then I woke up around 9:50-ish, which is now).

I'm planning on changing the solution in the case again and rubbing the lens with solution and letting it soak again. But would it be safe to wear? I just bought the lenses and they just came in a couple days ago and I really don't want to have to pitch them and buy new ones… But if it's not safe to wear, then I will have to pitch it. I don't want an infection or that eye eating parasite.

Read more: I dropped my contact lens in dirty sink water?