Thursday, November 23, 2017

When do eyes change back to normal after you stop wearing ortho-k lenses?

I began using ortho-k lenses last month to correct my vision. My vision improved significantly but I had began to see pretty bad ghosting, halos, and starbursts especially at night. I brought these problems up to the doctor, and he fitted me for a new pair of lenses but the problems still persisted. I had chosen to stop using them for fear they may damage my eyes. I had wore the lenses for a total of 16 nights from October 23rd to November 8th. I stopped wearing them and allowed my eyes to return to how they were before. After a few days my vision was to their old prescription, as I could see fine with my glasses or contacts on. However there's still severe halos, ghosting and starbursts without my glasses or contacts on. When I put my glasses or contacts on, these effects go away significantly but i still notice a slight ghosting and starburst effect. It's very slight but still there. Will these symptoms go away or are they permanent? How much time must pass before my eyes go back to normal and all these effects from ortho k go away altogether?

Extra info: I followed all the proper lense care procedures, cleaning them daily and using proper solutions.

I never rubbed my eyes when the lenses were on

I maintained all appointments with my doctor and kept him informed all the way through treatment before deciding to stop my treatment

My doctor is one of the best optometrists where I live and he specializes in ortho k, I paid north of $3000

Read more: When do eyes change back to normal after you stop wearing ortho-k lenses?