Friday, October 6, 2017

Why aren't brown eyes called pretty?

I'm very insecure about my brown eyes. When I go to birthdays or meet people outside of school, I always put on my blue contact lenses and get compliments on my eyes. When they're brown, no one says anything. I've observed this many times; typically when someone has bright blue/green/grey eyes, they get compliments like "your eyes are gorgeous" or "wow they l love your eyes", but when someone has brown eyes, you rarely see anyone even mentioning their eyes, let alone complimenting them. I've seen this both in areas where brown eyes are common, and in areas where blue eyes are dominant. Even in the contact lense industry majority of contacts manufactured are light-colored, because there's such a huge demand/want for light eyes.

Why do people never compliment dark eyes? I hate myself for not liking my own eyes, but I still feel like I need to cover them up in order to feel attractive…

Read more: Why aren't brown eyes called pretty?