Sunday, October 1, 2017

Could I ask for a slightly weaker prescription?

Ok so I started off by doing the wrong thing! Basically I went about 4 years without an eye test (thank god my eyes are healthy and I've had two tests so i know they are). I've been prescribed a stronger pair of glasses which they have doubled checked is right at my second eye test.
However I feel that the lenses might be too strong. It's been difficult for me to tell as I have also had a lot of problems with my head recently (labrynthitus and acute sinusitis). So I'm finding it hard to tell if my vision is affected because of those or my glasses.
Sadly I think it is my glasses as the doctors haven't found any problems with my head or eyes recently.

Long story short though, I've been wearing my old ones while I've been ill because I felt the others would make my headaches worse.
I may be confusing people here but basically I'm asking if I should just try and get weaker lenses so I can wear them easier for awhile? And will specsavers do it?

Read more: Could I ask for a slightly weaker prescription?