Monday, September 4, 2017

Seeing blurry with new contact lens prescription?

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and had a change in my prescription. They've been the same for both eyes. My prescription for the past 2 or 3 years was BC 8.7 DIA 14.5 PWR -4.75 CYL -1.75 AX 180. My new prescription went to PWR -4.50 and cylinder -2.25. They gave me the trial lenses and I'm pretty sure the girl said they didn't have the brand of contacts I normally wear in my new prescription but they had another brand so I'm wearing that new brand for the trial lenses. I'm going to try to describe how I'm seeing blurrry with this new prescription. I know I'm pretty nearsighted but the distance from my bed and the cable box isn't very far and the digital time that shows up on the box looks blurry to me. I put on my old contacts and it look clear. Road signs from afar look blurry now; before the lettering itself was clear and it would just take getting closer to be able to actually read it. Everything close by like reading a book or reading the guide on the TV is fine. I don't know if maybe I should just try the new prescription a few more days and see if I adjust? Should I try wearing my old contacts for a bit and go out and then wear my new prescription and see if it's still looking blurry compared to the old one? I'm just scared of placing a contact lens order for this new prescription and seeing a bit blurry for a year. If I go back to the eye doctor place and tell them about this, am I going to have to pay for anotheir contact lens fitting?

Read more: Seeing blurry with new contact lens prescription?