Thursday, September 7, 2017

My new eyeglasses are messed up and no one can figure it out, What now?

My original prescription that I'm wearing now is
Right eye -4.50 Cylinder +1.25, Axis 080
Left Eye -4.50 Cylinder +.50 Axis 95
Both with an addition of +2.25
(I originally wrote the wrong info in a previous question)
My new is
Right eye -4.25 Cylinder +1.00, Axis 085
Left Eye -4.25 Cylinder +.75 Axis 90
Both with an addition of +2.50
I saw fine with my old glasses but my eyes were very fatigued and my doctor lowered the distance and increased the addition slightly. He said I won't notice much of a difference. But when I put on my new glasses it was really blurry. More than that, I can't read through them unless i tilt my head all the way to the right and then I can use the right eye or all the way to the left for the left eye.
The optical store measured the new glasses and say it is done as prescribed. My doctor was unavailable, but the optician in the doctors office also said they checked out as prescribed, but after he looked at it for over an hour said when he measured the lenses manually the optical center is off by more than 20 mm and is assuming, that the original blank was defective, and this is rare. He agreed that I should not really notice much of a difference between these and my old glasses. The original store is redoing it assuming it is poor optics. It is a mystery, and I'm afraid there will be the same problem again. Any ideas?

Read more: My new eyeglasses are messed up and no one can figure it out, What now?