Monday, April 17, 2017

What happens if I wear a regular contact lens instead of a Toric lens?

I recently went in to get contacts for the first time and was told I would need a toric lens for my left eye because of a slight astigmatism. So I was given a toric lens for my left eye and a regular lens for my right eye. A week later I could see just fine with my right eye and still blurry in the eye with the toric lens. So I went back and was re-examined, and given a different toric lens to try. Still blurry in that eye. The problem is every time I blink or get up and move around the lens shifts or something and distorts my vision very badly. The question is, what would happen if I just used a regular lens instead of a toric lens. Seeing as how my glasses never corrected for my astigmatism and I could see just fine would the same be true for contacts or would it not work seeing as how the contact actually rests on the eye? Thanks

Read more: What happens if I wear a regular contact lens instead of a Toric lens?