Saturday, April 1, 2017

Am i suitable for eye surgery?

I am 21 years old with no previous health problems except that my formerly excellent vision began to fade at the age of 12. I have had several new prescriptions over the years at it looks as though my vision may have finally settled. The Contact Lens Prescription for each of my eyes is -3.50. I haven't really had any problems wearing contact lenses other than sometimes i don't take them out for a few days and my eyes get sore. The thing is I'm interested in joining the New Zealand police and this is what they say about glasses. "Applicants must have good eyesight, defined as a minimum visual standard of 6/12 unaided in each eye, correctable to 6/6 with contact lenses or eyeglasses. There are no exceptions." what does 6/12 and 6/6 actually mean? If i do have surgery which one is better? The price of surgery isn't the issue. I want to have the best and safest procedure possible. So should i go for Lasek, Lasik or PRK. Also if you can give me any additional info relevant to this subject would be great cheers.

Read more: Am i suitable for eye surgery?