Monday, March 27, 2017

Will an astigmatism disqualify me from joining the USMC?

I've been wanting to join the USMC for a long time now. I am a healthy, fit person with no medical issues besides an astigmatism. It's only in my left eye, my right eye is perfectly fine, no problems. With glasses/ contacts my vision can be corrected to 20/20. About 8 months ago I went to get contact lenses and that's when I found out I had my astigmatism, my prescription was as follows:

Power: -2.75
Cylinder: -0.75
Axis:090
Base Curve: 8.6
Diameter: 14.5

I'm not at all good at decoding what all of this is saying, but I don't feel like my vision would be bad enough to stop me from joining the Marines considering I can see perfectly fine without glasses, but I'm not sure. Help is needed!

Read more: Will an astigmatism disqualify me from joining the USMC?