Thursday, December 3, 2015

Why has my right pupil always been smaller than the left and very noticeably off-center?


No ophthalmologist has ever given me a straight answer. I was born with a cataract in my right eye. The entire lens was removed when I was a month old, and back then they didn't replace the lens, in fact, they just slapped an eyepatch on me until I was 5. I have no eyesight in that eye, and the pupil is much smaller than the other, as well as being off-center--specifically, it's fixed into the upper left corner of my iris. I've been called "cock-eyed" and mistaken for being stoned 24/7, it's so noticeable. What caused that? By all accounts, that's not normal even for someone having had a lens removed and not replaced. No one has ever explained it to me, and Google has never been able to come up with anything. Maybe it can't be explained, I don't know.Just, I want answers and no one has ever had them.

Read more: Why has my right pupil always been smaller than the left and very noticeably off-center?