Sunday, November 29, 2015

Why won't my pink eye go away? Do I even have pink eye?


I wear monthly contact lenses, but don't sleep in them. Been in the same brand for 2 years, suddenly, woke up one morning in September and had 1 really red eye with gunk, after a few days they both became red and gunky. Eventually I saw my optometrist and was diagnosed with pink eye, she gave me tobramycin and told me to wear glasses for a week. When I went for the follow-up redness had gone down and clear bumps under eyelids had receded significantly. She told me to go ahead and use contacts but continue using drops. After a full day of wearing contacts my eyes flared up again. So I went back to glasses for another 1.5 weeks thinking surely that would be enough time for it to clear up. Well after about a week of wearing contacts again they started to get dry and red again this time without the gunk. So I'm back to glasses, redness is nearly gone but I still see little bumps under eyelid that are gradually going down. Am I still dealing with the pink eye or could this be GPC form my contact lenses. This is a big problem for me since I am very active.

Read more: Why won't my pink eye go away? Do I even have pink eye?