Thursday, December 4, 2014

Eye Strain when wearing Contact Lenses?

Just turned 40. I went to the eye doc a few times. I was diagnosed with the very early stages of presbyopia. I am nearsighted, but ironically I can still see up close when wearing glasses and contacts. When I'm not wearing anything, I do notice it is a little more difficult to read up close. Anyway, the problem I'm having is when I wear my contacts, my eyes strain very easily. I work on a computer 8 hours a day so it makes it worse. My doctor tried a few different prescriptions, but I can't see that well in some of them and still feel the strain. I went back to my old prescription that I have been wearing for years. I can see with that, but again the strain is the problem. Doesn't seem to happen when I wear glasses, only contacts. My Doctor said it is because they sit right on the eye. I guess I'm finding it hard to believe because I am so used to wearing contacts all the time. I can't seem to find a pres. That doesn't cause the strain though. Is this common in emerging presbyopes? And what will happen as it gets worse? If I'm straining now, what will I have to wear in the future?

Read more: Eye Strain when wearing Contact Lenses?