Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I am legally blind. Does that mean my children will also be legally blind?

I am 16. I've been wearing glasses since I was 5. When I got in 5th grade (11 years old) my eye sight got worse and I went from regular lenses to the thick ones. Every year when I go back for my eye exam, my eyes are worse than the year before.My eye doctor says that she strongly recommends I have LASIK (laser eye surgery) as soon as I turn 18.My vision has passed the 20/400 mark.

My mom wears glasses, but she only has to wear them when she drives.My dad, on the other hand, is even worse off than I am. He is partially blind (corrected with contact lenses AND the addition of store bought classes, at the same time).

Neither my older sister (18) nor my younger brother (13) has vision as bad as mine.My sister needs glasses for all of her daily activities, yet she can go through her day without them.My brother only needs glasses for reading. Out of my mom and dad's 3 kids, I'm the only one with the horrible vision. Will my kids be legally blind like me?

См. статью: I am legally blind. Does that mean my children will also be legally blind?