Friday, July 13, 2018

Why would my Ophthalmologist recommend a bad optical store to have my eyeglasses made?

I go to an Opthalmologist every few years for an eye exam. Since he is an Ophthalmologist and not an Optometrist, he doesn't sell eyeglasses. He just writes a prescription and I have to go to an optical store and have them make the glasses. Well, when I he prescribed me eyeglasses several years ago, I went to a Pearle Vision to have the glasses made. When he found out during my next checkup that I had them made over there, he wasn't happy. He told me to never go to chains because they tend to do a very bad job. So, a few years later, when my prescription changed, I listened to him and had the new prescription done at a non-chain optical store that he personally recommended himself. I had one pair of eyeglasses made and one pair of sunglasses made there. Well, it didn't take very long for the sunglasses to have issues. The lens kept falling off the frames. And few years later, the coating on the regular eyeglasses started to wear away. Two fails! I've NEVER had these issues when I used to go to Pearle Vision to have them made.

So why would my Ophthalmologist recommend this terrible non-chain optical store instead of Pearle Vision, which has always done a great job with my glasses in the past?

Read more: https://contactlenstalk.com/faq/why-would-my-ophthalmologist-recommend-a-bad-optical.html