Saturday, February 3, 2018

Can I drop ship prescription contacts/lenses in the US from overseas -whos laws don't require a prescription to purchase from the US?

In the US it is illegal to sell or buy without a valid prescription at some point during transaction or a 8hr validation by law from the seller. BUT most of the world does not have laws against people buying prescription contacts and eye glasses without a prescription. That being said, can I be a middle man seller or dropshipper for a online overseas organization or manufacturer that sells these products without requiring my customers to give me prescription info as well? I would never preorder or ship products to myself and then resell in the US as THAT would then be illegal. It would stay overseas and I would never touch. Would their laws extend to me here? Would it help if I say I'm an advertiser for a overseas company and state the company we're it ships? I have bought high quality name brands overseas several times without prescriptions cause their laws don't require one. This is something I'm curious about as I haven't seen anyone else doing it mabey just because if the possible liability?

Read more: https://contactlenstalk.com/faq/can-i-drop-ship-prescription-contacts-lenses-in-the-us.html