Sunday, April 30, 2017

Can i still become an Air Force Pilot if my vision is bad?

Can i still becoming a fighter pilot in the air force if my vision is worse then what is required?
They require no worse then 20/70. I do not know what my visual distance is, but my contact lenses read -5.50. I have not had an eye exam in over a year though, so it may be possible my vision is getting better.

Will i be disqualified if i do lasik or PRK eye surgery prior to applying/joining?
Will they do lasik or PRK for me once i join and still allow me to become a jet pilot?
Is there any way around this?

if not, do any of the other military branches allow me to do so?

If i have a 4.0 GPA, great fitness scores and meet every other requirement aside from the vision, is it still possible to become a pilot?

This is all i have ever wanted to do, and i am even going to major in aviation because of this.
Mostly to become an military (preferably air force) jet pilot then a commercial airline pilot.
If i could take this job, i would honestly do it for free.It is my dream

Any and all comments/suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks

Read more: Can i still become an Air Force Pilot if my vision is bad?