Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Possible to obtain waiver for enlist in Army with lens implant?

I'm 27 - Is it possible for me to get a waiver to enlist in the army if I have an artificial lens implant in my left eye? Its from an injury over 10 years ago - I've been to the doc 4 check ups and everything is fine - my vision is actually improving and I have practically no medical conditions as a result of the surgery. I do wear glasses but I'm not completely blind without them. I've heard you can get a medical waiver for certain things? Is it possible to get one for this? I know a lens implant is automatic DQ according to enlistment medical standards, - but is it still possible to get a waiver? I'm not wanting to be a pilot or anything requiring 20/20 vision? Please help! Thanks!

Read more: Possible to obtain waiver for enlist in Army with lens implant?