Saturday, February 27, 2016

Will it be okay to wear a contact lens a month after the date that it has to be changed?


Today, I just found out that I have not put my left contact inside the lens case after I took them out as I was in such a rush. Now, I have lost my left lens. Therefore, I have to get another left lens from my yearly supply. I did not want to change my right lens along with it because it will disrupt the cycle of changing lenses every two months and will make the left and right lenses unequal. Since I do not want to disrupt the cycle, I will continue my wear schedule for my right lens until it is time to change it. As a result, I know I will have to wear my recently changed left lens for more than the maximum wear schedule until it is time for me to change the right lens. I fully understand that all contact lenses have to be changed once the wear schedule has passed. Consequently, I am scared that something might happen if I wear that left lens for more than the maximum wear schedule. I have done the calculation and I have found that I have to wear the recently changed left lens for 29 days after the supposed changing date until the right lens has to changed. Does anybody know if it will be harmful if I wear my lens for 29 days after the changing date?

Read more: Will it be okay to wear a contact lens a month after the date that it has to be changed?