Monday, December 21, 2015

How long can I use my contact lenses?

I use disposable contact lenses - Bausch & Lomb SofLens (polymacon), 38. I've been wearing (these) contacts now for almost 4 months. I wear them almost everyday of the week, for about 12-14 hours a day. I don't sleep with them on and when they're not in use, I place them in the solution I was given (which I replace everyday). How long should I use each contact before disposing it? And is it a problem if I use a contact lens and within less than a week there is already a small tear at its edge? This has been happening to me several times within the past 3 weeks or so, so I've been throwing out a few lately.
Added (1). I don't think I've ever worn them for longer than a month… Probably 3 weeks at the most.

Read more: How long can I use my contact lenses?