Thursday, October 1, 2015

Will wearing Ortho-K lenses in the daytime work?


I d been using Ortho-K lenses at night for about 2 years, but usually didn t get enough sleep (8 hours is what he recommended, I ve heard 6 mostly from others). My doctor suggested for me to start wearing lenses in the day. We talked and ended up ordered new lenses for the daytime wearing. My vision has been more clear than ever before while wearing the lenses at night but discomfort is a problem. It s hard to wear them for so long throughout my day, and they fall out often after I rub or touch my eyes (I am trying to do this less often but sometimes the lenses just feel weird). I ve read that wearing them in the day could shape different parts of the cornea depending on where the lenses are resting. It s only been a few days and don t know whether or not to expect to have clear vision after I take them out in the evening. The reason I m wearing them over other correctional lenses is to prevent my vision from getting worse. Are these lenses even supposed to be worn in the day?

Read more: Will wearing Ortho-K lenses in the daytime work?