Saturday, May 16, 2015

Distant vision glasses for reading and working on computers. Good or not good?


I was going through my eye prescription today and it says Sph -0.25 for both right and left eyes. I have mild astigmatism too. The Cyl values for both eyes were -0.50 each. Axis for right eye 128 and for left 67.

Please correct me if I am wrong but when Sph value is minus (-), am I right in thinking I have short sight? Which further means I can see closer objects clearly but have problems with distant vision? If that's true, then the glasses I have been supplied with are for my distant vision? If that's again true, why was I advised to get a blue light protective coating (to work on computer) on my distant vision glasses? Why would I be using distant vision glasses anyways for reading or working on the computer?

Is it not bad for my eyes if I use glasses (actually meant for far vision) for reading? My natural eye lens would have to accommodate to the new lens every time I use it for reading, I think. Sorry, too many questions. Brain is buzzing uncontrollably.

Read more: Distant vision glasses for reading and working on computers. Good or not good?