Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dry eyes in contact lenses? - 1

Last year I bought the ones with diameter of 14.2, base curve of 8.7 Acuvue (Johnson and Johnson) 1 day lenses, it fits well, and very comfortable as if I wasn't wearing anything in my eyes. I remember first times I wear them, I had dry eyes and then I eventually got used to it and it become very comfortable to wear

This year I bought 1 day acuvue moist with lacreon which are said to contain wetting feature that keeps my eyes from drying out. This time I bought the ones with the diameter of 14.5 and base curve of 8.5. I've been wearing them for a week now and everyday I struggle with dry eyes and a bit redness in my eyes the ENTIRE day and it was a total torture. I'm very frustrated because these are actually more expensive and my parents bought a lot of them.

Yes I do tried eye drops. And I do soak my lenses over night before wearing it the next day like doctor mentioned.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening? Is it because the diameter is .3 mm bigger? Or the base curve difference? What can I do to get rid of this dry eye problem?

(I can't return these lenses since I always by these lenses from Taiwan)

Read more: Dry eyes in contact lenses? - 1