Friday, July 14, 2017

Water and contact lenses?

My doctor has asked me to avoid any kind of water in the eye region while wearing contact lenses, and this includes taking a shower, swimming, etc.

The lenses he gave me are monthly replaceable ones.

Perhaps I should have asked these questions to the doctor, but they didn't come to me when I was in his clinic, probably because I was so excited about the contacts.

Question 1> Does avoiding water include avoiding rain? What if I get a few drops of rain in the eyes while wearing the lenses? Will the lenses get ruined?

Question 2> Can I ask the doctor to write me a prescription for some daily replaceable lenses in addition to the monthlies I already got? If yes, would it be safe to swim wearing a daily lens, and then throw away the lens right after I come out of the water?

Thanks.

Read more: Water and contact lenses?