Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Will this affect my pilot career?


I start school at Embry Riddle in spring, and I had to get my FAA flight physical for my specified degree. I had it done today and during the eye exam, something weird occurred. In my right eye I have 20/40 vision and in my left I have 20/30, but when I see with them both I have perfect vision. This outcome confused the doctor and I both. I had to take the eye test several times, and I still have perfect vision, weird right?anyways the doctor said my eyes were obviously good but on my medical form the doctor put " must wear corrective lenses" in the limitations section. So could this affect me even though I have perfect eyesight? I'm worried because I'm planning on flying for the Air Force, and although I have perfect vision, my certificate implies otherwise.

Read more: Will this affect my pilot career?